- 5:00 p.m.
- 9:00 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m
All Masses will be held in the church. There is also extra space in the parish centre with a TV and speakers, for overflow.
- Weekday Masses – Tuesday to Friday at 8:30 a.m.
- Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament – Fridays from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m.
- Reconciliation – Saturdays 4:00 to 4:30 p.m. or by appointment
Reopening Saint Dominic Parish
For the time being, all weekday Masses – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – will be at 8:30 a.m. Adoration is available Fridays from 09:00 to 10:00 a.m. The chapel will be closed for the duration of this phase, unless extra overflow is needed. Weekend Masses resume on June 12, 2021 – 5:00 p.m. Saturday; 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Sunday.
On Saturdays, the church will open at 4 p.m. Confessions will be available for a half-hour – 4:00 to 4:30 p.m. You can also make an appointment by phone with the office.
The Parish Office is open. Normal hours will be in effect: Tuesday to Friday — 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed noon to 1:00 p.m.). Only one visitor/family is allowed inside at a time.
*For those who are elderly or whose immune system is compromised, and those who are hesitant to return to church at this time, please know that the obligation to participate at Sunday Mass is suspended until further notice. Please also know that it is very safe to attend Mass. We have implemented strict protocols since March 2020 that make coming to church even safer than going to the grocery store.
Washrooms are now open.
No reservations are required for weekend Masses. Overflow is sent to the parish hall and then the chapel.
It is important to remember that the COVID-19 Pandemic is not over, and that everyone must continue to pay attention to the measures being put in place to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Therefore, please note the following requirements for entry into the church/parking lot.
• Entrance is not permitted to those who have an elevated temperature or have any of the Covid-19 symptoms. If you are sick, you are kindly asked to stay home.
• If you have travelled outside Canada within the past 14 days, do not to enter the church until you have completed a required period of self-isolation.
• Masks are required.
• Use the hand sanitizer provided upon entry to the church.
• When you enter, an usher will sign you in and take your name and phone number. You can also sign in by scanning the QR code by the doors with your mobile phone and complete the brief form.
• Maintain a two-metre (~ six foot) distance at all times in the church and on church property.
• Seating capacity permitted by government regulations, during Ontario’s Step Three phase (which began July 16, 2021) is not limited, except by the requirement to physically distance.
- Enter via Rebecca Street, Parish Centre or East Church doors. West church door is locked.
- Ushers will guide you to available designated seats and maintain proper distancing and flow among the congregation during Communion and exiting the church.
- All hymnals, other literature are removed from church.
- No collection or presentation of gifts as usual. You will be invited to deposit your offering in baskets as you enter or exit.
- Following the prayer “Lord, I am not worthy…”, the Priest will say, “The Body of Christ.” All respond, “Amen”. Communion will be received in reverent silence.
- Ushers will direct you to come for Communion, row by row. Everyone must exit the pew, even those who are not receiving Communion (cross your arms over your chest to indicate you are not receiving Communion).
- Communion will be given in the hand only. Extend your hands, placing one upon the other to receive the Body of Christ (as Saint Justin Martyr explains, we make a throne with our hands to receive our King). Communion from the chalice is not permitted at this time.
- To maintain physical distancing following dismissal, ushers will direct you to leave row by row. Exit through the East or Parish Centre doors only.
- Please refrain from socializing near exits after Mass.