More detailed information can be found below…
Resources on Reopening
Announcement from Bishop Crosby on the reopening of churches – June 10, 2020
Changes to Mass Times
- All Masses will be held in the church.
- Tuesday Mass will move to 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday Reconciliation is cancelled. It is offered on Saturdays 4:00 to 4:30 p.m. or by appointment.
- Adoration will resume in October.
Reopening Saint Dominic Parish
For the time being, all weekday Masses – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – will be at 8:30 a.m. Adoration times will resume in October. The chapel will be closed for the duration of this phase. Sunday Masses resume the weekend of June 21, 2020 – 5 p.m. Saturday; 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sunday.
On Saturday, the church will open at 4 p.m. Confessions will be available for a half-hour – 4:00 to 4:30 p.m. You can also make an appointment by phone with the office.
The Parish Office is open again. Normal hours are in effect: Tuesday to Friday — 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed noon to 1:00 p.m.).
*For those who are elderly or whose immune system is compromised, and those who are hesitant to return to church at this time, please know that the obligation to participate at Sunday Mass is suspended until further notice.
One washroom (at the back of the church near the Rebecca St. entrance) will be open for emergencies only and will be cleaned after each use. The other washrooms are locked.
It is important to remember that the COVID-19 Pandemic is not over, and that everyone must continue to pay attention to the measures being put in place to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Therefore, please note the following requirements for entry into the church.
• Entrance is not permitted to those who have an elevated temperature or have any of the Covid-19 symptoms. If you are sick, you are kindly asked to stay home.
• If you have travelled outside Canada within the past 14 days, do not to enter the church until you have completed a required period of self-isolation.
• Masks are required as of July 22, 2020.
• Use the hand sanitizer provided upon entry to the church.
• When you enter, an usher will sign you in and take your name and phone number. You can also sign in by scanning the QR code by the doors with your phone and complete the form.
• Maintain a two-metre (~ six foot) distance at all times in the church and on church property.
• Only 30% of the seating capacity is permitted by government regulations at this time.
- Enter via Rebecca Street, Parish Centre or East Church doors. West church door is locked.
- Ushers will guide you to available designated seats and maintain proper distancing and flow among the congregation during Communion and exiting the church.
- All hymnals, other literature are removed from church.
- No collection or presentation of gifts as usual. You will be invited to deposit your offering in baskets as you enter or exit the church.
- Following the prayer “Lord, I am not worthy”, the Priest will say “The Body of Christ.” All respond Amen. Communion will be received in silence.
- Ushers will direct you to come to Communion, row by row.
- Communion will be given in the hand only. Extend your hands, placing one upon the other to receive the Body of Christ. Communion from the chalice is not permitted at this time.
- To maintain social distancing following dismissal, ushers will direct you to leave row by row. Exit through East or Parish Centre doors only.
- Please refrain from socializing after Mass.